Geoff Mott – owner and head bartender at Brandywine Bartending School
1. Where are you from?
2. Where do you currently work?
Brandywine Bartending School.
3. How long have you been in the culinary industry?
4. If you could work with any other Chef in the world for one night who would it be?
5. If you could visit any restaurant in the world where would it be?
Bouillon Chartier, Paris.
6. Who is your mentor, if you have one?
Andy Macdonald. My friend and bartender at Val D’Isere restaurant in Whistler BC during the 1990’s.
7. Why do you feel MADE WITH LOVE, as a cocktail competition, is important for the Industry in Vancouver?
It creates a common bond between bartenders from different establishments within Vancouver.
8. What is the skill you look for in a competitor when you are judging?
Confidence in their description of the Cocktail ingredients and inspiration.
9. What is the most impressive thing you have ever seen a bartender do?
10. What’s the most frequent error competitors do in a competition?
Take too long to make the cocktails.
11. What’s the biggest challenge a judge has?
Judging each cocktail as an individual creation without drawing comparisons between competitors drinks until after the final cocktail is tasted and scored.
12. What is the most precious advice you could give to a competitor?
Describe why you made the choices you did in the creation of your cocktail in terms of the judging criteria.