Name: Dave Bulters
Venue: Juniper Kitchen and Bar
1. If you had to describe your bartending style using a style of music in comparison, what would it be?
I wanna say Jazz – I know what the general structure of my night’s going to be but I definitely have to do a bit of improvisation as I go. Plus, jazz is collaborative, supportive and fun. That sounds like a pretty good way for a bartender to be, so I hope that’s my style.
2. We ask you to create a cocktail called MADE WITH LOVE, what’s in it?
It would have to be something somewhat difficult to make but definitely worth the wait. I’d probably go with something warm, like a toddy. The mixture of honey, citrus, spices, and dark spirits always puts a warming smile on my face.
3. Beside bartending, do you practice another art form / do you have another passion?
I actually have a degree in Musical Theatre, so I guess playing music, singing and acting would be my other passions, but I pretty much enjoy anything artistic.
4. You have the choice to invite anybody you wish to sit at your bar, (fictional, dead or alive) who would it be?
Wow. Tough choice! Alive, I’d probably say Jamie Cullum. I’ve been inspired by his music and talent for years and I’d live to have a chat with him. Including fictional, there are way too many to choose from!
5. Which cocktail would you serve to your lover? And which one would you serve to your ex?
To my lover, I would serve whatever made her happy at the time, because hopefully, I’ve been listening enough to know. I guess I try not to be petty, so to my ex, I’d probably serve something cheap and easy to make, that didn’t require much thought or effort on my part.