Name: Chris Krock
City: Edmonton, Alberta
1. Where are you from?
Born in Fort McMurray, Raised in Leduc and been in Edmonton for 10 years now
2. Where do you currently work?
General Manager at Ampersand 27
3. How long have you been Bartending?
I’ve been out of bartending for the last couple years but I have about 10 years’ experience
4. At what moment in your life did you decide to become a professional bartender?
After becoming a chef and doing BOH, I decided that I would try my hand at FOH and fell in love and have been doing it ever since. When I made the choice to change I really was attracted to the bar right away, being creative as a chef is, it also lent me to be that out front!
5. What is your favorite cocktail? Why?
My go to whenever I am out and about is a Pisco sour, simple, balanced and delicious if done right! But I’m sure anyone that knows me would also say anything with Gin!
6. What is the cocktail you despise most? Why?
I don’t despise any cocktail but my least favorite would be anything with Sambuca! It’s just a preference, I cannot stand Sambuca!
7. What is your go-to/favorite ingredient?
If we are taking spirit based I would have to say Amaro’s right now, I love how different everyone can be and how they can lend to a drink! As well Bitter’s are big for me, I found and Allspice bitter the other day that I have been using lots!
8. Which alcohol do you take as a shot?
9. What is your favorite cocktail bar in the city?
Mine would be North 53. It is the mix of cocktails but mainly due to the talent and passion of the staff that are there.
10. Do you have a funny bar story to tell us?
Who doesn’t? Should I tell you? Let’s have a few cocktails and I will!
11. What is the most ridiculous cocktail request you had?
Can I get a virgin corpse reviver……
12. As a MADE WITH LOVE Ambassador, what is your biggest challenge this year?
Biggest challenge is going to be making sure that the first ever event in Edmonton goes off without a problem! Not worried about making it a huge success since the city is amerced with a cocktail scene right now! I’m so excited to join the MADE WITH LOVE team for this event!!