Name: Christina Mah
1. Where are you from?
2. Where do you currently work?
KLEIN / HARRIS Restaurant
3. How long have you been in the industry?
Just over a decade.
4. If you could visit any bar/restaurant in the world where would it be?
5. Who is your mentor, if you have one?
Graham Warner & Franz Swinton
6. Why do you feel MADE WITH LOVE, as a cocktail competition, is important for the Industry in Calgary?
Promotes healthy relationships which lead to a great support system within our community.
7. What is the skill you look for in a competitor when you are judging?
Passion and integrity; they are physically and mentally present from start to finish and execute with the utmost care.
8. What is the most impressive thing you have ever seen a bartender do?
The most impressive thing I have ever seen a bartender does not lie within the creation of the best cocktails or ideas, but rather creating and maintaining a positive culture that influences their guests and colleagues on a daily basis.
9. What’s the most frequent error competitors do in a competition?
Lack of practice.
10. What’s the biggest challenge a judge has?
Ensuring all competitors have concrete feedback that is relevant to the progression of their cocktail craft from all judges.
11. What is the most precious advice you could give to a competitor?
Always present as if you were bartending in your own bar with the grace and hospitality you would show your guests, friends and/or family. The rest will come naturally.