Name: Dylan Robert Williams
Venue: Westin Bayshore
1. If you had to describe your bartending style using a style of music in comparison, what would it be?
Les Baxter music! He is one of the original creators of the Exotica sound that helped set the tone for Tiki. I very much take a lot of that sounds and I like the theatrics of being able to create a drink that takes people away to a place that is far away.
2. We ask you to create a cocktail called MADE WITH LOVE, what’s in it?
MADE WITH LOVE
- 1.5 oz Rittenhouse Rye
- 1 oz Punt e Mes
- 0.5 oz Amer Picon
- 0.25 oz Odd Society Mia Amaro
It’s based on a Manhattan formula I love with an aphrodisiac Amaro.
3. Besides bartending, do you practice another art form / do you have another passion?
Record collecting, Mid Century furniture + growing and collecting plants.
4. You have the choice to invite anybody you wish to sit at your bar, (fictional, dead or alive) who would it be?
William H. Schmidt. He is the inventor of the high camp, multi-ingredient cocktails with a ton of showmanship and flair. Pre-prohibition cocktail bars are still too intimidated to make a lot of his drinks. If the Flowing Bowl cocktail book came out today, it would be inventive and he’d be the leader of the pack. However, it came out in 1891.
5. Which cocktail would you serve to your lover? And which one would you serve to your ex?
Drink for my lover: A Brooklyn. It’s my favorite drink, and I make it with love.
Drink for my ex: Another New York cocktail which is the Staten Island Farey. A dumpy drink.