Local bartenders flexing their skills battled it out at The Liberty Grand, Exhibition Place in front of 700 people this past Monday night. Organized by Made with Love, the annual cocktail competition brought together 17 finalists, representing various Toronto restaurants, to showcase the expanding mixology talent this city has to offer. One of two titles could be claimed, People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice.
Prizes for the winners include Canadian National Finale in Montreal (all expenses 3 days trip in Montreal) in May to join 14 other Canadian bartenders from 7 different cities including Quebec City and Montreal.
Public’s Choice Winners
1. Michael Mooney – Geraldine
2. Aaron Beaudoin – Rock Lobster (Queen St.)
3. Adrian Stein – Boots & Bourbon
Judge’s Choice Winners
1. Jay Meyers – Hudson Kitchen
2. Adrian Stein – Boots & Bourbon
3. Michael Mooney – Geraldine